Monday, January 22, 2007

On retreat

Lisbeth's away on some sort of retreat at the moment, hence nothing much to report. The retreat is called 'In-depth Enneagram'. She has been working with the Enneagram for many years and says that it has helped her turn her life around both emotionally and practically. She says she wouldn't be in France if it wasn't for the Enneagram, so I am all in favour of it!

With Lisbeth away, I have taken the opportunity to have my own kind of retreat: simple standing. However, Lisbeth says that my standing will be more meaningful if I 'invoke a quality' at the same time. I'm not sure what she means by that, especially as this 'quality' is invoked in the form of a question. (I know, I've probably lost you already!) Anyway, if you're still with me, I admit to having given it a go. I try to get my energy to connect with the earth then say to myself "If I had more '..............', how would that be? (The quality can be things like 'presence' or 'openness' etc.)

Well, it's interesting. That's all I'm prepared to say. No doubt Lisbeth will be full of it when she returns (which won't be for a while), so I'll find out more, then.


No comments: