Saturday, August 18, 2007

Grammar it home

I don't know whether you have noticed but, from time to time, I make a spelling mistake or, even worse, a grammatical error. Luckily, I have a monitor (Mr Writer) who very kindly mails me, if he spots anything not quite right. I hate making mistakes, especially as my blog is called talking practice. Although talking isn't the same as writing. Lisbeth gets by in French in talking mode, but her writing isn't anything like as good. What I do in this blog is write what I say. So although it's written, it's me talking and so it is still my talking practice - if you see what I mean? Most of the errors are just typos because I've altered the sentence and not changed the grammar, but a mistake is a mistake is a mistake!

I know I don't make that many and they're usually not terrible ones. However, I don't like to make any, so thank you, Mr Writer, for your attention to detail and your kindly reminders. Here are some visual mistakes for your delight and delectation.

No comments: