Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Man on a Plinth

The good lady of the house is back (after what seems to be an interminable silence) from the dark side of the Tarn and Garonne.

To celebrate this fact she has sent me this picture of a man on a plinth. He must be important because, as I am practicing talking, I would suppose that he is worth talking about. I know that one of my followers will know who he is, but he's been asked not to say, so I was wondering if the rest of you had any idea?

He looks quite scholarly and, judging by the hair, clothes and chair, must be from the 17th century, or thereabouts. (I notice with some little jealousy that the sky appears to have been very blue and sunny when this photo was taken. Not so in my neck of the woods!)

2 comments:

Andy Bridle said...

Beats me, MM. Could it be Bert Trautmann, the legendary Manchester City goalkeeper, who played the last 15 minutes of the 1956 Cup Final with a broken neck?

Monsieur Mouton said...

Oh Mr B. I do so like it when you talk football or necks, or anything, if it comes to it. It's such a joy to hear from you. Thank you for talking to me.

I will get my act together, now that the lady of the house has returned. She has a video that she wants to upload to utube but can't seem to do it. I'll help her with that and then get back to my man on a plinth.

Keep well and stirring
Mouty