Thursday, October 09, 2008

Said the Kettle to the Clock

You are sitting very pretty, said the kettle to the clock
And I like the way you interfere with time
We are bound by complex thinking
and some nifty engineering
And our purposes are truly quite divine

For me, I like to boil and then I turn myself straight off
And I do it in a quiet sort of way
But for you, you go a crunching
and a scraping and a graunching
through the minutes and the hours of every day

Now if I could look as scary as your chronophagic top
I would boil, then make a fuss and then a din
But my role is one of service
And my users might get nervous
Thus I couldn't bare to carry that chagrin

So I'm very pleased to meet you, Mr Corpus Crunching Clock
With your patents and your Latin turn of phrase
You are really very stunning
And I know that you'll stay running
for two hundred years, all crunched up into days

No comments: