Friday, February 02, 2007

A philosophical moment

Lisbeth has now told one of her closest friends about my blog and I am very relieved that they think I'm doing OK. Not that I bother what others think.................well...................

Perhaps I do a bit. I suppose all of us have some misgivings about letting others see our creations, especially if we want to retain their good opinion. Although their good opinion is theirs, so how can it really help my opinion of me?

If we take this statement from a human point of view, then I don't suppose that it would be an unreasonable thing to be concerned about, as the human condition appears to be dominated by the vagaries of the ego-self. However, if I am sheep AND I am stardust (and who amongst you can say I'm not?), then I need fear nothing; or so I tell myself. I do what I do; I am what I am; And that is as it is.

Then again, isn't that the same for humans? Lisbeth says she'd be much happier if she could just let go of her ego-self and live accepting that everything is as it is. (Perhaps truly believing that she is stardust is too much of a stretch for a damp evening in Frebruary?)

No comments: