Friday, March 30, 2007

Back to Kombucha

I have just realised that I left a bit of a cliff-hanger, two posts ago, when I said I was worried about Mr Kombucha. (Not that I really think anybody hangs on my every word, of course!) So I thought I had better elaborate.

From some January posts you will know that Lisbeth has been making her own Kombucha drink since she was given a baby Kombucha at Xmas. (Not FOR Xmas, that's just coincidence.) Her Kombucha culture (looking like a thick jellyfish) sits in its tea/sugar liquid (more like 'floats'), making itself into a drink over a ten day period. For this it needs to be kept warm. In England, it resided in the sitting room which could be guaranteed the warmest room in the house. Here, however, all the rooms are much cooler (no central heating) and even the warmest is, I fear, not really warm enough. I see that she has stood him in a sort of insulated bag. Even so, I do worry that Mr Kombucha is not a happy bunny at the moment.


No comments: