Monday, September 15, 2008

The Particle Zoo

I really don't think that Lisbeth is taking all this black hole stuff seriously enough. Our days might be numbered yet her casual approach to the possible ending of the world leaves much to be desired. Then there's the Higgs Boson. What if that appears?

Lisbeth says it already has. I began to shake. This could be serious. But when I looked at her for reassurance, she was laughing pretty much helplessly. She says she'll get me a Higgs Boson if I like. What is she on? If I didn't fancy a Higgs Boson, she suggested a Dark Matter or, perhaps, a 'Theoreticals 4-Pack'.

When she finally explained, I was speechless. I just don't know what the world is coming to. How can you take something as serious as what's happening at Cern and turn it into a circus. I leave my readers to form their own opinion by visiting The Particle Zoo and the SHOP tab!

2 comments:

Keith Dixon said...

Personally, I think a Quantum Duck would be a perfect partner for you on the patio. Then you could watch water run of its back at close to light speed.

Monsieur Mouton said...

I don't think you're taking all this seriously, either, Mr Idle Writer!