Friday, September 05, 2008

Boswell's Daily Honk: A Blog of Note

Today is a day for celebration. Lisbeth has been in touch with her friend in the USA and discovered that my friend Boswell, the goose, finally has his own blog!

You may remember that I have been writing to, and writing about, Boswell for many months, now. It began back in May 2007 when I wrote my Meet Boswell, post. (And what a cutie he was, all fluff and a bit wobbly.) I followed up with a poem about his life with the IBM Music Programmers, entitled The Goose Engine. (This title relates to a site created by the IBM people for the music of Philip Glass, called The Glass Engine. It's fab.)

Then in June 2007, came the terrible news that Boswell had to go into hospital. He was very ill and we were all very worried. To encourage him, I wrote a Fight for your Life poem. (I will also admit to having prepared a short obituary poem - you know, just in case. - but fortunately it was not needed.) When he finally recovered and returned home, I was so overjoyed, I sent him a Welcome Home poem. (Hey, Boswell, you've certainly been an inspiration on the poetic front!)

In November, we received a photo of Boswell, all grown up, and then the news that he had a sister Woglinde to keep him company. Now, September 2008, is a Big Red Blog Letter Day , for me, because Boswell has his very own blog. Please go and say hello and catch up with his Daily Honk

No comments: