Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Keithyd

Happy Birthday Keithyd
One year older by decree
Looking now at what to do
with the years now left to you

You're a writer; that I like
Writing books about Sam Dyke:
A new detective to beguile
the English, in American style

The second book is on its way
Well done to you, I have to say
I know it's hard to persevere
But you are dauntless, that is clear

So light the candles, eat some cake
Pop a cork for old time's sake
Think celebration all the way
throughout your youthful aging day

Sing Happy Birthday, I'm still young
A new exciting year has sprung
And choose the best life there can be
for birthday writer, Keithyd

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thank you! That's really nice! I have a Monsieur Mouton written for me. I am special.

Monsieur Mouton said...

Indeed you are, Keithyd. As one of my regulars, I felt you deserved a bit of a birthday airing on the web. Good luck with the book.

Sally said...

Monsieur Mouton, I wonder if I could just mention that my birthday is on 21 February?

Monsieur Mouton said...

Duly noted, Maud.