Saturday, May 26, 2007

Just another day in France

Nothing much to report today. The weather is bizarre. It was nearly 40 degrees yesterday and Lisbeth did her 'Madame Tomate' thing. (This is what the neighbours call her when she works outside and gets so hot she goes red. ) Then today, it has been quite cool and raining. Honestly, I don't know if I should use my wool to protect me from the heat or insulate me from the cold!

I've been doing some standing on the veranda out of the rain and Lisbeth has been to the local Emmaus (like a giant charity shop) to see if she can find anything of interest. Then, after lunch, she bought a present for a friend: a dustbin from 'Splash' which she then took to the tip to get it filled with compost. The compost (a whole dustbin full) cost just 1 euro 50 centimes.

While on the veranda, I was thinking about minimalism (after the Philip Glass post) and have decided to do something on that subject in the next few days. Well......you've got to do something creative when it rains!

3 comments:

Andy Bridle said...

Looking forward to reading more on minimalism. Will you be using just a limited set of words and lots of repeated phrases?

There's a nice bit of live Michael Nyman piano at http://www.archive.org/details/MNymanSoloPianoOM11.

Drizzly day in Wales too, but looking good in Monaco.

Andy Bridle said...

Sorry, that Nyman link didn't come out right. It should have been Michael Nyman
piano
.

Monsieur Mouton said...

Thanks Andy B for your the Michael Nyman reference. I'll get to it after my next post - which won't be a limited set of words and repeated phrases. Good idea, though. It would make my posts easier and quicker to write.