Sunday, May 06, 2007

Noun: with handle and usually cylindrical

No, Lisbeth hasn't been taken to the Gendarmerie to look through the mug shots! (See comment to previous post.) She hasn't, because the mystery has been solved. Yeeeeeeeees!

So I thought I would invite all her friends and neighbours round so that I could have a 'Poirot moment' for the denouement but as she is still feeling very down, I thought better of it. As an alternative, therefore, I'll just spin it out a bit.

So where was it? I hear you asking. Was it outside, somewhere, lost in the undergrowth? Had it been stood on a window ledge? Was it mislaid in the workroom? Perhaps it was on the terrace. Maybe she took it upstairs and it was in one of the bedrooms? Did she find it in the bathroom? No. It was hanging on a hook in the kitchen where Lisbeth had put it for safe keeping! (I sneaked a photo and have put it in the 'Bits and bobs of photos' in the sidebar.)

Honestly - it's been no more than about 9 inches from her face, several times a day, since she lost it. I really do wonder about her, sometimes.

No comments: