Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quincunx

It's been the most horrid of days regarding the weather, so I have been looking at more Astrological terms. So to follow my 'Biquintile Denouement' post I have chosen:

".......logical Mercury quincunxes powerful Pluto....."

These really do strike my poor ovine brain as weird words. I looked up 'quincunx' - as you do - and found a definition which says it is a noun, being "five objects arranged so that four are at the corners of a square or rectangle and the fifth is at its centre."

Unlike for 'biquintile', I don't think I have anything very interesting to impart about this word, other than to say a) I like it; b) I wonder what the other planets are in this specific grouping? c) Which one is in the middle? and d) I fancy writing a poem with the challenge of using 'quincunx' in it. Don't ask me why I fancy writing one of my odes. It's probably because I am outside and feel to be in a quincunx relationship to a pile of wood, 2 chairs and some courgette plants sprouting in toilet rolls. (Lisbeth says the toilet rolls make good potting containers because when the plants are ready for planting out, you just put the whole thing in the ground and the baby plants don't get disturbed and the cardboard eventually rots into the earth: very ecological!)

So hey diddle diddle, I'm quincunxed in the middle.

No comments: