Sunday, July 29, 2007

Grazing Saddles

This saddle thing has cropped up again. You will remember that Mr Dancer was suggesting that I had some sort of saddle made for my back so that when he sat next to me on the veranda, he would have somewhere to put his gin&tonic. You may also remember that I was not at all impressed by such a suggestion. Well, now Lisbeth has brought it up again. She said that Mr Dancer did have a point because there isn't anywhere to put your gin&tonic and I am just the right height and perfectly positioned for a right-handed person sitting in the chair in the corner of the veranda.

As it's Lisbeth who has mentioned it this time, I am reconsidering it. She works very hard and I wouldn't have a life in France, if it weren't for her bringing me over; then there's the talking practice that we have. So, if it will encourage her to sit with me of an evening, then it might be worth considering. However, it would have to be stylish and easily removable when not in use.

Lisbeth has asked. I will consider.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well i just knew i was right!

Monsieur Mouton said...

Thank you for contributing to my blog, Mr Dancer. Good to hear from you.

Yes, I am reconsidering - which isn't easy for me, as I'm sure you will be aware. I wouldn't like my readers to take it as a Ewe-turn. I have my pride! Hence I'm discussing it with Lisbeth but she says that the final decision must be mine.

Perhaps it's a question of wording? After all, the notion of a saddle sounds so.... well, so......common!

Also, in the wording of your comment, do I detect a note of gloat? That would never do. Had I better re frame what you said in terms of 'sounding' like a gloat when, in fact, you intend only to encourage me to be more participative in the social aspects of gin&tonic? Yes, that sounds better. I accept your encouragement.

I hope you are having a nice time in Canada.