Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A person from somewhere beginning with 'P'

The highlight of my week was, and will be, the arrival of my 'Person from Peumeunier'. I hope you got the reference to 'A person from Porlock'. I'm sure you did. I could have just said that Shaun had been to visit. However, to make some sort of wider reference with my title is much more interesting for me and stretches my ovine brain. There is a poem about the Porlock incident, as well.

To give a bit of a wider context to this post, Lisbeth noticed that the road sign for 'Peumeunier' is written: Peunenier. Apparently, it's a mistake, but do the French care? Of course not. I also discovered that there is a site on the web that has all the street names in France on it and this department has 256.054 rues! (But there are no streets in Peumeunier.) Is this riveting stuff, streets ahead of anything else I've written or just a load of old miss-spelled road signs?

No comments: