Friday, July 20, 2007

If I were a blackbird

If I were a blackbird I'd not be a sheep
I wouldn't have wool and my voice wouldn't bleat
A blackbird can sing so I'd have to take note
of the myriad songs and look after my throat

I think I'd enjoy all that flying around
Seeing all kinds of things (and the sheep on the ground)
But I wouldn't be able to graze pastures new
Nor, I suppose, make a friend of ewe

So if I were a blackbird I'd think life was great
as I flew in the skies and sang on the gate
But I'd miss all my friends and my tight woolly coat
And my four slender legs and the blog 'what I wrote'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pure grass - the fod of love for ewes

Monsieur Mouton said...

Thanks, Allan from Wales. I appreciate your leaving a comment. It's nice to know that people (especially from Wales) read my poor ovine musings