Monday, July 23, 2007

It's not all sun and warm wool, you know!

I might just as well be living here on my own, the amount I'm seeing Lisbeth these days. First, she was unwell; then it was the bad weather necessitating her working down the garden whenever she could; then the visitors, now it's the big builder.

Every day, she is doing things to keep ahead of him in either decisions or in going to fetch stuff. I think that she will have to go to Poitiers tomorrow to get the work surfaces as they didn't have any when the big builder was buying all the stuff. It is a shame, really, because it will take at least half a day and then there are the costs. Also, Lisbeth doesn't want to go as she has tons to do before the next visitor - Mr Writer - arrives on Friday. Usually, she is well prepared in the garden and in house but this year he'll have to take her as he finds her as there is no way she can catch up before Friday.

As Lisbeth is so busy, I am left to mull over life, the universe and everything on the veranda, looking out at the unripening figs (too wet) and the regular bouts of rain. Well, I would be looking at the figs, except some days there is washing hanging on the veranda, which blocks my view, as it is either too wet or too unreliable to put it down the garden.

Life in France eh! It's not all sun and warm wool, you know!

No comments: